2019 Hungaroring, TCR Europe Round 1 Clip
For more info: http://europe.tcr-series.com
Homola is the first winner of the TCR Europe season
Target Competition’s Mat’o Homola converted his pole position into a victory to become the first winner of the 2019 TCR Europe Series. The young Slovak was followed by his teammate Josh Files, while Nelson Panciatici of M Racing finished third, completing a Hyundai 1-2-3.
Julien Briché was the best of the rest, as he was classified fourth in his JSB Compétition Peugeot 308; the Frenchman managed to keep Dušan Borković and Dániel Nagy at bay during the final laps.
At the start, Homola sprinted from the pole ahead of Files and Briché; Bihel stalled and was hit by Potty. On lap 1, Andreas Bäckman and Urrutia made contact at T3 and the latter went off; Comte moved up to 5th after starting from 14th.
Briché and Files had a close fight for second, but eventually the Briton managed to pass. Later on Briché lost the third position to Panciatici on lap 8.
In the final part of the race Files closed in on Homola, but the latter retained the lead and won from Files and Panciatici; Ryba topped the TCR Eastern Europe in 17th position overall.
The second race will start at 14:30 ; live streaming at www.tcr-series.tv.
1. Mat’o Homola (Target Competition, Hyundai i30 N), 13 laps
2. Josh Files (Target Competition, Hyundai i30 N), 0.444
3. Nelson Panciatici (M Racing, Hyundai i30 N), 1.394
4. Julien Briché (JSB Compétition, Peugeot 308), 5.225
5. Dušan Borković (Target Competition, Hyundai i30 N), 6.319
1. Homola 45 pts; 2. Files 35; 3. Panciatici 34